Article Platform :: Blogger Tricks
Blogging has made some amazing progress since it was initially presented. There are numerous blogging sites which have the offices to incorporate your sound or feature records with your websites. As you read through loads of distinctive blogging destinations you will recognize one thing that all websites have in as a relatable point: that is, they are all diverse! They each one take after distinctive content designs, a scope of styles and a decision of organizations, and in addition utilizing a differing qualities of settings.
In previous post we have discussed the top 50 free blogger templates of 2014. Now lets learn some cool tricks to get started with blogger. So I decided to write them up in today's post. These tricks are not
1.Use any HTML template
Blogger allows only xml templates to use with them which means you cannot even have a basic raw HTML template for use with blogger.In simple the template should follow the blogger template structure.But if you need to use a raw HTML template in blogger then follow these steps.
- Go to your blogger dashboard and then navigate to template.
- Scroll down to the bottom where it says Revert to classic templates.
- Click on it then click on revert to classic template option.
- Paste your template code into the box provided and then hit Save.
2.Lock/Unlock any blogger widgets
There are certain widgets in blogger that are not removable by the user.These include the navbar and the attribution widget.This is achived not by server level scripting but by a simple user editable code in the template.A locked template will not have the remove button in the widget's dialog box whereas an unlocked widget has this option. To lock or unlock a widget in the template follow the below steps
- Click on edit option for the widget that you want to lock/unlock from the layout menu.
- Copy the widget id from the dialog box.The widget id can be located from the url of the widget dialog box.
- Go to template and then click on edit html.
- Search for the widget id in the template(Ctrl+F).
- You will now see a similar code
- To unlock a widget change true to false and to lock a widget change false to true.
3.More settings to be customized from post editor
- Go to your blog dashboard and navigate to settings.Go to search preferences.
- Under Crawlers and indexing click edit button displayed next to custom robots header tag.
- Choose Yes as the option for Enable custom robots header tags?
- Put a check for the noindex option displayed under Archive and search pages heading.Hit save.
- Now create a new post.Under post setting you will now see a new option called the Custom Robots Tags.
The custom robots tag helps you to change robot settings for an individual post.You can choose all , noindex , nofollow , none , noarchive , nosnippet , noodp , notranslate , noimageindex , unavailable_after
4.Turn off comments for individual posts
In certain situations turning off comments may be necessary for some blog posts.That can be easily achieved without even editing a single line of code.Not everyone has noticed this option which is displayed right in the blogger post editor. Learn to hide certain comments in 3rd party comment systems in blogger(Eg: Disqus).
- Make a new blogger post.
- Under post settings you will see options.Expand it by clicking on it.
- Choose Don't allow under Reader comments to hide the comment form for that certain post.
5.Enable meta description for each blogger post
Meta descriptions are commonly used to display search snippet in results.Writing a short and keyword rich description that summarizes the content of a website may increase your click rate in search engine results. Meta description can be enabled for each blogger post.However,writing a meta description for each blogger post may not guarantee that the description will be used as a snippet for search result.It is very important to have a high compelling meta description inorder to be displayed in search results.
- Go to blogger settings page.
- Click Edit button under the heading Meta Tags.
- Choose yeas and hit save.
- Create a new post.You will now see a new option called Search description in the post settings pane.
- Write your meta description and hit done.
The article (courtesy of http://www.topp5.com/2014/03/top-5-blogger-tricks.html) sets clear all the guidelines that need to be followed for one to be successful in blogging.